职场社交第27课Mp3免费下载地址:

对照文本下载(请复制保存!)


  • SCENE⑤ C 会议结束后
    【她可都是玩真的】
    Elvin: I used to 1) be down on the sales people until I saw her 2) in action.
    艾文: 我以前对业务员都很失望,直到我见识到吉娜的能耐。
    Dave: She means business, for sure.
    戴夫: 她可都是玩真的。
    Elvin: Most salespeople seem like 3) half-brains. Zina's definitely an 4) exception.
    艾文: 大部分的业务看起来都没大脑。吉娜绝对是个例外。
    Dave: We'd better get back to work.
    戴夫: 我们最好回去工作了。
    Elvin: Yeah, I'm not too worried about Vince, but I'd hate to face Zina if we don't 5) deliver...
    艾文: 是啊,我还不太担心文斯,但若我们搞不定,我可是打死不想面对吉娜……
    语言详解
    A: It's definitely time you got a haircut.
    你绝对该去剪头发了。
    B: I know. My hair is always in my eyes.
    我知道。我的头发老是跑进眼睛。
    【mean business 玩真的】
    mean business是表示“当真,玩真的”,没有儿戏的成份在内,一心一意地去达成某件事,未必和“生意”business有关:
    A: I still can't believe Mary got into college.
    我还是不敢相信玛莉考进大学了。
    B: Well, she meant business this time.
    呃,她这次是玩真的。
    mean business也可以表示为了某种目的而来:
    A: Why are the police outside?
    警察怎么会在这儿?
    B: They mean business. Otherwise, they wouldn't have come here.
    他们来办事。要不然没事他们不会来的。
    1) be down on... 对……感到失望,看不起。
    2) in action 在行动中,在动作中
    3) half-brain (n.) 只有半个脑,意即“没大脑,白痴”。
    4) exception (n.) 例外
    5) deliver (v.) 成功达成交付任务